Student Scholarship Program
Host a blood drive when school is not in session and receive a $500 scholarship to the University of your choice and a letter of recommendation from our CEO.
This scholarship presents an opportunity for students to demonstrate community service and leadership through the planning and sponsorship of a community blood drive.
- Submit a Host a Blood Drive form
- Collect a minimum of 30 donations
- Attend an Institute of Higher Learning currently or in the future
- Be between 16 and 21 years old
|Completed Donations||Scholarship Amount|
- Blood Drive must be hosted when school is out of session.
- Blood Drive must complete at least 30 donations to qualify.
- Blood Drives hosted by or at the school that the student attends does not qualify towards the scholarship.
- Blood Drive must be a new location/account. If the drive is with an existing account (the location/partner is already hosting blood drives with The Blood Connection), it must be an additional blood drive in the calendar year. Can be scheduled any day of the week.
- Student must meet with a designated TBC Account Manager and maintain communication throughout the planning process.
- Student does not have to be a current or past blood donor.
- Scholarship will be given to a University of the student’s choice upon completion of the blood drive.
- Student will receive a $25 eGift card (of choice) if the drive does not make goal.
- Students can earn more than one scholarship and/or can split the funds with a co-host who is also a student and meets the requirements.
- Following the blood drive, meet with TBC Representative to submit the scholarship form to receive the scholarship check.
- Lost checks or those not cashed within 6 months will not be replaced. Checks cannot be donated to a charity.
Fill out the form here.
HS Red Cord Form
High School Grant Program
Earn money for your school’s future educational needs. Host at least 2 blood drives at your school with The Blood Connection between August 1 and June 1 to receive a grant!
Want to make it even bigger and better? Host a blood drive spirit night at a local business or a Homecoming blood drive! Your drives don’t have to be at your school or during school hours. We’re available whenever you are.
BONUS: Any school that hosts FOUR total blood drives in one year (August-July) will receive a $2,000 bonus (to be used for future educational expenses).
|Collected Donations||Grant Amount|